Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 21

24 May 2013, Mullet Lake Park

 
There were a good many dragonflies at this location.  This is a female Needham's Skimmer.

22-23 May 2013, Wekiwa Springs State Park

 
So why is this young deer sticking its tongue out at me?  I think it is cute.  I sent good vibes as I really love deer.  I really wish it could tell me why.


After seeing so many yellow female and red male Summer Tanagers at Wekiwa Springs State Park, when I came upon this orange bird I instantly thought Baltimore Oriole.  Then, I saw it following a male Summer Tanager and realized it was a recently fledged youngster, once I got my binoculars on it.  You can even see the swollen gape near its beak, if you enlarge the image.  Some red and yellow splotching also gives the appearance of orange, especially when it was in flight.

 
Momma Summer Tanager wanted to know why I was so keenly interested in her youngster.

No comments:

Post a Comment